Monday, April 4, 2011

questions

We were given a list of questions at the beginning of this project, and as you can tell, my answers for these questions definitely were answered and were resolved differently than I had anticipated.

Katie Starr
Baking Magazine Questions
" Decadent Delights- Baking Made Easy"

Who is your target audience? My target audience for my magazine would be anyone who enjoys baking or  anyone would like to learn how to bake.

What is the name of your Magazine? Why? Connotations? The name of my magazine is entitled "Decadent Delights."  I thought this was a very fitting name since it was a baking magazine and I thought that it was catchy as well.

What will your masthead look like? Do you have any ideas for fonts? My masthead will have the title and then the subtitle so it will say " Decadent Delights ( really big) and then underneath it, " Baking Made Easy.. or Simple." ( fairly small, but still noticeable.) I would like to use a script font for my magazine because baking is thought of as being beautiful and almost an art if it is done correctly. I think that the script font would also relate well to the idea of baked goods because people usually use cursive writing when they write words onto a cake.

What images will be on the cover and why? I am not entirely sure what I will scan for my image yet, but I know that I will be baking something to take a picture of.. ( most likely cupcakes.) I think that cupcakes would be cute on the cover because it will reflect the title and overall concept.

What will be your sell lines to entice your target audience? I am not entirely sure what my sell lines will be, but they have to go along with the picture that I choose and also the fact that it has to be semi easy since my subtitle line says " Baking Made Easy." I could  also simply have overall ideas like- " 3 recipe desserts," which would most likely be more professional sounding and less condescending. I think I will probable go this route because then I would not be reiterating the low skill level required to make the items.

No comments:

Post a Comment